Blackjack or 21, as it’s popularly known, has been ruling the casino card game niche for some time now. The reason for this demand lies in its extraordinarily unique game play. The competition here is not with the other players but all players individually compete against the dealer using either one of more card decks. The basic objective of the game, thus us to:
- Ensure 21 points from the first 2 cards without using the dealer’s blackjack,
- Reach a final score less than 21 but higher than the dealer and
- Enable the dealer to draw additional cards till such time as their hand crosses 21.
The points on the cards are counted in the following denominations:
- Face cards like the kings, queens, jacks are allotted 10 points each,
- An ace can be counted as 1 point or 11 points and
- Other cards are counted as per their numeric value.
One major point to remember in this game is that a score above 21 results in a loss for the player.
Variations of the mobile applications
Let us find out more about the variations that are available for this fabulous game on the mobile. You can play several variations of this mobile blackjack application like:
- Single deck blackjack which uses only one deck of cards,
- Multi deck black jack wherein more than 1 deck is used,
- European blackjack is a blackjack version played in Europe,
- Hi-lo blackjack and
- The bonus black jack.
Mobile blackjack worst plays
While the winning strategy is something that you have to practise and come up with, there are certain don’ts which you should never do when playing the real version of this mobile app. They are:
- Splitting 10s: In case a dealer has a 10, 20 or even an Ace, you should never opt for splitting the 10s and opting for 2 different cards.
- Taking insurance: Never opt for taking insurance even if the dealer has an Ace. It will just put an additional cost burden on you.
- Hitting on 17: Unless you have a soft 17, never consider hitting on 17 or even higher irrespective of whether the dealer has a 10 or an Ace. In these instances holding on to your cards is your best option.
While casino games like blackjack have always enjoyed a great deal of popularity, the advent of the mobile blackjack application takes this popularity notches higher. These blackjack applications have been wholeheartedly welcomed by blackjack buffs who are now able to place cash bets on this game right from the comforts of their homes.